/* */ Iceberg's Photoblog.: Figueras
Google

Monday, August 06, 2007

Figueras

I went to Figueras on Saturday. The main highlight of the trip is to visit Dali Museum. A family was planning to go and was kind enough to invite me along. =) This post, unlike previous posts, is not to showcase photography, but more of to showcase the incredible works seen from the visit to Figueras!

Figueras is located north of Barcelona; beyond Girona, and approximately 60km from French border. Spain has several prominent artist: Picasso, Dali, Miro, Gaudi...

Dali was particular famous for his 'melted' arts, or so I thought. But the museum did not showcase much of that aspect, but his arts are really masterpieces! I am not a particular fan of museum, but this trip was really really a fruitful trip.

The highlight was a large Lincoln picture I would say. At first, I couldn't see how attractive the picture was, until I took a picture with my DSLR and review it on the cam! I guess human eyes are too perfect to notice certain stuff. Several images overlapped onto one.
This is not exactly the best picture among the lot to represent the actual picture. But it gives an idea.

This, for one, looks very 3D. On the other hand, this was painted on the ceiling!

In the museum there was a separate exhibition on a different artist whose name sadly I can't remember. The theme then was about rocks painting featuring human shape succintly.

Another highlight of Dali's works is this living room setting. There's another door which looks like hair, however, the queue for the best view was waaaaay too long.



The entrance ticket to Dali Museum entitles us to another museum entrance. I guess the best work here is this. Nothing special looking at it this way, just that it is drawn on a single piece of canvas/paper. Basically 2D surface.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shih yang I'm back in Malaysia... i'll miss europe so much :'(

Btw, this museum is so cool!

1:58 PM, August 07, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear San Min
Welcome back to Malaysia. Hope you have had a great time in Europe. I guess you would make another trip down here eh? =) Go back recharge a bit is also good.

Go for Rag Day!! Take more pictures~~~

2:48 AM, August 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed
RSS Feed
Atom Feed