/* */ Iceberg's Photoblog.: XQRJ 2006
Google

Sunday, January 22, 2006

XQRJ 2006

XQRJ = Xing Qing Rong Ji aka National Chinese Song Writing Competition organized by students of King Edward VII Hall, NUS. Just in case some viewers do not know what is XQRJ.. heh. Unlike the previous XQRJ 2005, this was shot with D70 with natural lighting.

The guest performer of the day was Huang Yi Da. This is the 8th XQRJ since it started . I was shooting this event sharing the camera with another fella. Took some of the shots I made and posted them here.

Huang Yi Da. Actually, I didn't really know who he was before that. When I was covering the event when he sang, I was shocked to see the crowd of girls beside me with their camera phone and kneeling down in order not to block the audience. Imagine how the organizers scramble for crowd control! D70 ISO 1250


The best thing about shooting with digital is you can keep trying to shoot; dare to shoot and experiment. I kinda like this shot; seen it when it happened once on stage and keep hoping that the moment would be just nice with the pose and smoke and lights!



There was limited shots we could take because there was only 1 storage card. So, when trying to repeat too many of the same scene, I decided to play with the camera while sitting at the front row. The lights that day is pretty darn impressive I must say.


When this guitarist came out, I can hear the crowd go "Wah!", which was echoed by the photographers in front scrambling from their place. The lighting on him was so darn cool.


Another shot of the same group of contestants/performers.


Aah, we must not forget the organizers, the group of people behind the scene, be it committee, sub committee, helpers, "old people" etc...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed
RSS Feed
Atom Feed